There is much to celebrate at Christmas time, but let’s be honest: Christmas would not be Christmas without gifts. Take away the giving and getting of presents, and you will have a lot less cheerful people. We love to give and receive gifts, not because we need more stuff, but because giving in itself is a gift. It is a great joy to receive gifts, especially as a kid, but I have found that it’s an even greater joy to give them. It gives us a glimpse into God’s own love for us that He gave the greatest gift of Himself to us, Jesus Christ. This should be the motivation of our giving: Jesus Christ. What better gift is there to give?
So what does this have to do with the FireEscape Coffeehouse? We naturally want to give to a meaningful cause or to bless the people and places that have blessed us. For many of you, the FireEscape is that cause, person, or place that has blessed and continues to bless. Consider partnering with us in continuing to impact the lives of youth today by giving to the FireEscape. There are many ways to give. Here are a few:
- Commit to volunteer on a Friday or Saturday night for a few times a month to invest in the life of a youth. You may not be able to impact them all, but you can impact one.
- Commit to volunteer time or talents that you may have that could increase the effectiveness of the FireEscape Coffeehouse. We are always in need of skills such as administration, cleaning, construction, graphic design, cooking, marketing, and many more. Even if you think that you don’t have any talents but have a heart to serve, we can use you.
- Give a one-time gift to the FireEscape Coffeehouse. Any amount you can give is a blessing.
- Pledge a monthly gift for continued, regular support of the FireEscape Coffeehouse.
- Give a meaningful gift for a specific need. As a nonprofit organization, we rely on your generous support for every need. We are always in need of material things that help keep the ministry afloat. These material needs do not necessarily have to be brand new. Maybe you have some like new or gently used things around the house. If you are unsure whether or not we can use something, just give us a call or email us. You can either buy the gift or send money designated for a specific item and we will honor your request. Here are some meaningful gifts in which you can give to the FireEscape Coffeehouse:
Disposable coffee cups
Bedding (for apartment)
Towels and washcloths
Couches or chairs
Consider giving a meaningful gift to the FireEscape Coffeehouse this year. We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization so all gifts are tax deductible. Thank you for your generosity over the years, and Lord-willing we will continue together to impact the youth of today.